- Australian government travel website: www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Malaria maps and other travel information: CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – USA)
- Apps for mobile devices: Travel Health (guide to management of illness while travelling).
- Tips on safe food and water: http://www.travelvax.com.au/resource_files/Travel-Tips—Food-and-Water.pdf
- Check whether the tap water at your destination is safe to drink: http://isthewatersafetodrink.com/
- Mosquitos: travellers are advised to cover up and use an effective repellent.
Immunisation can protect individuals and communities against serious diseases.
There is a lot of misplaced fear regarding childhood immunisation however the science is clear – the risk associated with the vaccines are minimal relative to the risks of the actual diseases.