Information for Telehealth consultations:
- Medicare rebates for telehealth consultations are only available if you have seen Dr Mackay in person in the preceding 12 months. If you are not in this category then full fees apply for which there is no Medicare rebate. The exception to this is if you are in COVID-19 isolation or quarantine because of a State or Territory public health order (e.g. you currently have COVID and this has been confirmed by a test and reported to the relevant authority) – in this case a Medicare rebate is available.
- Telehealth consultations (i.e. via Zoom or telephone) are subject to the same regulations and laws as in-office consultations in regard to privacy, record keeping and medical standards and ethics
- Malcolm is only licenced to provide medical consultations within Australia
- Prescriptions and pathology requests can be issued when required and are valid across Australia
- When you are ready to go ahead with a Telehealth consultation, please fill in the booking form to set up a suitable time
- Malcolm will send you a Zoom meeting link prior to the appointment time
- Note that Malcolm can see new and existing nutrition/lifestyle medicine patients at his home office in inner Melbourne. You can select this option via the telehealth booking form. General medical in-person appointments are made through Clinicare.
The following fees apply for telehealth consultations:
- Initial consultation up to 55 min duration – $195
- Subsequent consultation 30 – 45 min duration – $150
- Subsequent consultation of 20 – 30 min duration – $95
- Subsequent brief consultation of < 20 min duration – $75
Note: Dr Mackay supports COVID-19 immunisation. Please note there are very few legitimate medical grounds for exemption so please do not make a telehealth booking for this purpose – you would need to make an in-person appointment at Clinicare to discuss your concerns.
See his statement on COVID-19 vaccinations
Prior to a consultation:
Where appropriate, please email medical information to Malcolm prior to the initial consultation:
- A list of medical conditions and long term medications, particularly if extensive
- Recent pathology results (scanned documents preferred over photos )
- A three day food diary may sometimes be useful – a printable record sheet can found at:
Preparing for a video consultation:
- Your computer will download Zoom software when you click the meeting link. A Zoom account is not required. You can download a free Zoom App for use on mobile devices.
- Hints for a better Zoom meeting:
- Ensure you have a reliable internet connection
- Your display should be large enough to view shared documents
- Sound quality is often better with earphones
- Place your device in front of you rather than below your face
- Bright light sources need to be in front of you rather than behind you
After a consultation
- Prescriptions, pathology requests etc can be issued when required and are valid across Australia. These will be posted or emailed to you after the consultation
- Malcolm may send you a post-consultation email summarising any recommendations made during the consultation as well as further information or links
- Payment is made after the consultation and can be made by credit card via PayPal or via bank transfer